FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 30, 2022
VANCOUVER — Today, ABC Vancouver announced their plan to improve accountability and transparency at city hall.
“ABC Vancouver is deeply committed to ensuring that the City of Vancouver is run in an open, accessible, and transparent manner,” said ABC Vancouver council candidate Brian Montague, “Our plan will hold city hall to the highest standards of accountability.”
The ABC Vancouver Plan for Accountability and Transparency
- Implement a 50% reduction in fees for FOI requests
- Enhance whistleblower protections
- Ask the Provincial government to oversee City of Vancouver lobbyist registration
- Restrict mayoral office staff from participating in partisan activity
- Ban all City of Vancouver ads not directly related to public safety, community engagement, or legislative requirements
- Publish line item budgets for the last five years, and all years moving forward
“Kennedy Stewart continues to dodge and deflect questions about his plans for after the election — including his plan to implement a road tax,” continued Montague. “Vancouver deserves leadership that is accountable and doesn’t hide from tough issues.”
To demonstrate their commitment to the principles of accountability and transparency, ABC Vancouver released their donor list.
“As part of our commitment to accountability and transparency, ABC has released a full list of donors,” said ABC Vancouver campaign manager Kareem Allam “We are hoping that every other campaign does the same.”
The donor list can be viewed by clicking here.
ABC Vancouver has nominated nineteen candidates for the October 15th municipal elections; Ken Sim for Mayor; Lenny Zhou, Peter Meiszner, Brian Montague, Mike Klassen, and incumbent City Councillors Rebecca Bligh, Lisa Dominato, and Sarah Kirby-Yung for Council; Brennan Bastyovanszky, Laura Christensen, Angela Haer, Marie-Claire Howard, Scott Jensen, and Jas Virdi for Park Board; Alfred Chien, Preeti Fairdkot, Victoria Jung, Christopher Richardson, and Josh Zhang for School Board.
604-968-3067 | email@example.com